Pathways for Academic 职业生涯 Education and 就业 (速度) program is designed to help students be successful in their education to employment journey. A 路径导航器 works with eligible participants to identify and minimize barriers, connecting students with college and community resources, monitoring student progress, and evaluating need for program/financial supports. 路径导航器s work with participants throughout their training, to completion and then employment in the new career field.
速度 may provide Education to 就业 supports such as:
Navigating the college process, 建议, deciphering information and not to mention remembering deadlines. We are here to help!
就业 is the end goal! 速度 can provide assistance in resume’ review/writing, interview and job 搜索 prep and career job leads. Sometimes students need assistance finding part-time work experience during training or guidance in landing an internship.
Life still goes on while in college. Balancing them both can sometimes prove difficult. We can offer information and referrals on things like food assistance, 运输, childcare assistance, 心理健康, low income housing and budgeting just to name a few.
We can assist you in identifying and accessing funding resources to help with your education. 速度 may provide financial assistance as determined by a financial needs review for things such as training costs (tuition/fees, 书, 实习医生风云/工具, 测试), 运输 (gas cards, 公交卡), and career needs (work uniforms, 面试服装,).
- Iowa residents who are eligible to work in the United States
- Seeking education in a 速度 eligible training program at NIACC, and plans to pursue employment in that field upon completion in Iowa
- Meet one of the following criteria (don’t worry, we’ll help you figure it out):
- Meet Income Guidelines
- No High School Diploma
- Plus, must demonstrate the capacity to achieve the program outcomes:
- Ability to complete the certificate and earn the credential/certificate
- Ability to enter full-time employment
- Ability to retain full-time employment over time
速度 is designed to help fill Iowa’s skills gap by focusing on students who are pursuing careers in these high demand fields and/or a High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).